Department of English
To empower rural women through English competency so that they will be able to contribute their best, on par with men, in various domains of social endeavour, rural or urban.
To enable rural women to be on par with their urban counterparts by imparting communicative and literary skills in English and helping them to function as effective bilinguals in society.
- "Oyster" is the department magazine published annually.
- A state-of-the-art Digital Language Laboratory, with 60 systems, caters for the students' needs to hone skills of Spoken English in the context of globalization.
- UGC Add-on Functional English courses are offered at three levels, Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma, focuses on developing students' language skills of listening, speaking,reading, and writing.
- Under the "EARN WHILE YOU LEARN" scheme, senior students of the department teach their juniors.
- The department organized the annual edutainmnet festival "Literary Expo 2017" on 07 & 8 February 2017. This year the the theme was "Myths & Children's Literature." A panel of judges headed by Dr. J.Sri Padmadevi, Assistant Professor of English, Nirmala College for Women, Coimbatore. judged the exhibits. And prizes were awarded to the winners.
|Dr. R. V. RAM M.A.,PG.DTE.,M.LITT.,Ph.D||Dean|
|Ms.P.N.Pushpalatha M.A., M.Phil.||Asst.Professor|
|Ms.C.Indhumathi M.A., M.A.(JMC)., M.Phil||Asst.Professor|
Researchno course found under this program
No highlights found